Our development team has had a busy couple of months working on new features and functionality! We've added a whole new and much more advanced schedule request invoicing capability and have made many updates to ensure our users continue to have a great FMX experience. Read below to learn more about what we have done so far in 2021!
A new Invoicing Feature has been added, that allows users to estimate by occurrence multiplied by the number of occurrences; invoice by an individual or multiple occurrences or requests; track invoice history outside of the schedule request feature; waive payments, and void payments.
General invoicing is also available for accounts that enable schedule request invoicing. Invoicing is a paid feature separate from the schedule request feature. Referencing the pricing calculator for details.
A warning message has been added for when there is a liability insurance expiration date set, and a user type does not have permission to schedule beyond the liability insurance expiration date. The warning message is triggered when the user creates an event that starts before the liability insurance expiration date but extends beyond that date.
REMINDER: A user type without permission to schedule beyond a liability insurance expiration date will already receive a warning if the entire event is scheduled after the expiration date.
"Requires Liability Insurance" is enabled in the user type:
"Cannot schedule..." is enabled in the user type:
The expiration date is entered for that specific user:
TIP: Updating an event that would have previously straddled an expiration date will now produce the warning above.
The custom fields are able to be created on approval sections of a workflow.
- Pain Point: Customer needs additional details at different action steps.
- Benefit: Enabling customers to define additional details where they need them.
- Admin Settings > Custom Fields
- Custom fields on approvals are also available for Transportation Requests; WO approvals are yet to come.
We have improved the UX for canceling and rescheduling requests.
- Pain Point: currently there is no messaging that the SR was successfully canceled or that a new one was rescheduled.
- Benefit: prevents users from thinking the rescheduling did not work or the workflow is broken.
- Description: user receives a message that the SR was canceled, and a new request was rescheduled.
Bulk invoice schedule requests and occurrences.
- Pain Point: starting from a blank invoice form requires the requestor to rely on memory when filling in the fields. The multi-select drop-down selector for multi-occurrence or multi-request invoices can also take time to fill in.
- Benefit: utilize the search and filter functionality of the grid view to identify requests by building, recipient, etc.
- Admin settings > User Types > Invoice Access
- Enable the "bulk create" permission for your user type. By default, the permission is set to "none"
Go to the SR grid and select the requests or occurrences you wish to invoice, and then invoice in bulk (bulk invoicing will continue to invoice only 1 recipient at a time):
A modal will appear with the request and occurrence details and recipient information pre-loaded:
Schedule Request support notifications and notifications for the new invoicing have been added.
Custom Navigation Links
A custom navigation link has been enabled that can log a user out and call the incidental API to sign them out of the SSO integration.
Users are now able to specify their own purchase order number in a text field that overrides the FMX-generated PO number.
Barcode templates can now be restricted to individual organizations.
- Pain Point: current and new barcode templates must be relevant and applied across all customer accounts.
- Benefit: now have the flexibility to design and implement unique barcode templates per organization.
- Choose a hostname or leave it as "Any" to apply to all sites (existing templates are defaulted to "Any").
Equipment & Resources
Users can now allow or disallow parent-child relationships for equipment and resources
- Pain Point: Parent-child relationships can be difficult for customers to set up, or they can be set up on accident.
- Benefit: Customer admins and/or CS can control if an organization can use parent-child relationships to minimize confusion and prevent unnecessary relationships.
- Admin Settings > General > Resource Settings
- Admin Settings > General > Equipment Settings
- Resources and equipment parent-child relationships are defaulted as checked or "enabled".
- When the boxes are unchecked, it WILL NOT break existing relationships, but it will prevent new relationships from being created.
Parent-child relationships can also be disabled for equipment types through SQL (not a visible setting in the UI). Parent-child equipment type relationships are defaulted to "on" when equipment types are available.
Work requests & Planned maintenance
The daily work reminder banner has been updated for work requests and planned maintenance. Now, these banners have a "start work" button that links users to the 'start labor tracking' screen.
The work reminder will stay active until the work has stopped. There is no "stop work" link in the reminder, but it does show that work is in progress.
Reminder: The 'track work' field must be enabled in organization-level admin settings along with the 'show work reminder' field in the user-type settings.
Work Request Export
There is now a "Pending approval" column to the XLSX export file for work requests showing all user types required to immediately approve the request (module-level approvals only, for now). Multiple user types will appear if they are listed on the same approval line.
Work requests general
A custom field capability for deletions has been added.
- Pain Point: Customer finds it difficult to understand why WOs are deleted and wants to filter for deleted WOs with more ease.
- Benefit: Upon deleting a WO, a user can provide a reason or additional details for the deletion which can then be filterable in the grid and useful in reports. The ability to SEARCH by the deletion custom field is not enabled--only filtering.
- Admin Settings > Custom Fields
- For filtering, first, filter for the DELETED status, and then filter for the custom field name.
User-type permissions are now enabled to hide assigned workers from work requests.
- Pain Point: requestors are directly contacting the assigned worker versus the appropriate coordinator
- Benefit: protect your team's time and/or additional work by streamlining communication through FMX and a dedicated coordinator if desired
- Admin Settings > User Types > Work Request Access
- Check or uncheck the "Can view assignments" permission per user type. The box is CHECKED by default for backwards compatibility.
Note: Custom fields on assignments should set permissions by user type.
This is how an assigned work request originally looked to a requestor:
This is how an assigned work request looks to a user type without view permissions. Notice the assigned work name and any details including custom fields are hidden. Assigned users are also hidden in the grid view:
Added schedule request 'reschedule' endpoint.
Enabled the "other" self-defined resources field in Schedule Requests to be included in the API. This will not create a new resource.
Added GET endpoints for Purchase Order details
These endpoints enable users/FMX to receive information about Purchase Orders for use with integrations.
Added a reschedule endpoint for Transportation requests
This endpoint allows users to reschedule a transportation request with an integration.