Instruction sets are the step-by-step directions used to perform a planned maintenance task.
To learn how to create an instruction set for a planned maintenance task in FMX, please view the step-by-step instructions below.
Planned Maintenance Module
1. From your calendar, click on the Planned Maintenance module.
2. Click on the Tasks tab in the upper left-hand corner of the grid view and select Instruction Sets.
3. Click on +New instruction set in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Fill out the instruction set form with the required information; these are fields that contain an asterisk (*).
*Name: This is the title of the instruction set.
Examples: Chillers - Monthly PM Checklist, 30 Day Lift Inspection, Exhaust Fan Annual PM, etc.
Description: the important notes used to describe the instruction set
Custom fields: *Custom fields can be added to an instruction set after the instruction set is created and saved. To add multiple custom fields to an instruction set, click on the green + button.
Please click here to learn how to create an instruction set custom field.
Attachments: if the instruction set needs any documentation submitted (diagrams, photos of the machinery, etc.), you can add those files here
Steps: These are the detailed instructions listed out in a checklist. Each instruction set requires at least 1 step. To add multiple steps to an instruction set, click on the green + button.
5. Once you have completed filling out the form, click the green Save button at the bottom.
Note: If you have many instruction sets to add, it would be more efficient to use our bulk importing feature. Click here for the planned maintenance/instruction sets bulk import instructions.