There are many different types of 'Work Requests' that are utilized by FMX sites. The most common of these are ones like 'Maintenance Requests' and 'Technology Requests' but many organizations use work request modules like: Key Requests, HR Requests, Custodial Requests, and many others.
Each custom module follows a similar framework and thus, the create process is identical excluding any custom fields.
To create a new custom work request, please follow the instructions below.
Custom Work Request Module
1. From your calendar, click on the custom work request module.
*We will use Maintenance Request module as an example.
2. Click on the New request button in the upper right-hand corner of the grid view.
3. Fill out the custom work request form with the required information; these are fields that contain an asterisk (*).
*Request Type: This refers to the category of the custom work request.
*Request: This is the title of the custom work request.
*FMX will create a unique ID for each maintenance request when created.
*Building: This is the building where the custom work request needs to be completed.
*Location: This refers to the specific area in the building where the custom work request needs to be completed.
On behalf of: If another user requested the custom work request but didn't directly enter the request in FMX, select their name in here.
Equipment: select any fixed assets that are associated with the custom work request
*Due: the date when the custom work request is expected to be completed
Followers: If you'd like to add any other users as followers to the custom work request (like copying someone on an email), select their name here. Followers have the ability to receive progress update notifications.
Description: a detailed summary of the problem and the work that needs to be completed on the custom work request
Custom Fields: Custom fields are always an option if you need to add any other required/non-required details to your custom work request form. Custom fields must be added by a site administrator.
Attachments: if the custom work request needs any documentation submitted (photos of the issue, floorplans, etc.), you can add those files here
5. Once you have completed filling out the form, click the Submit button at the bottom.
Shortcuts Using the FMX Calendar:
1. From your calendar, click on New Request button in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Choose the custom work request from the list.
1. From your calendar, click on the day for which you would like to create a request. Once selected, this screen will appear:
2. Click on the custom work request
3. A new window will open for you to complete the details of your request. When finished, click Save.
Note: If you have many custom work requests to add, it would be more efficient to use our bulk importing feature. Click here for the bulk import instructions.