Resources and Locations can either be areas within or outside a building, or a reservable item (e.g. laptops in a school). Each resource/location must be assigned to a Building.
To bulk import resources and locations into your FMX site, follow the steps below:
*The ability to bulk import data is configured at the user type level by each module. This must be set up by a site administrator.
1. Navigate to Bulk Imports tab on the left-hand side of your page:
2. Click on the New Import button at the top right of the page:
3. Select Resource Import:
4. Populate the template with the necessary information. Columns that contain an asterisk (*) are required.
Name*: This is where you name the resource or location. Make sure this name is unique and recognizable:
Name*: Auxiliary Gym
Building*: This is where your resource can be found.
Name*: Auxiliary Gym
Building*: High School
Address: This is not required, but can be included if you'd like.
Location: Mark ‘yes’ if your resource is a location (such as a room) or leave blank if the resource is just a reservable item (such as a projector or a laptop).
Custom Field: Custom fields are always an option if you need to add any other required/non-required details. These fields must be added by a site administrator.
If your organization does not use either the Schedule Request or Transportation module, read below please disregard the next sections and skip to step 5.
Schedule Request Settings
Schedulable: If the resource can be scheduled out by a user (scheduling the office for a meeting or renting out a laptop to work from home), then mark as 'yes'; otherwise, leave this field blank.
Requires approval: This is a “yes” (or leave blank if no) response. Does scheduling the weight room in the Auxiliary Gym at FMX High School require someone’s approval before a guest can use it?
Requires estimating: This is a “yes” (or leave blank if no) response. If scheduling the weight room in the Auxiliary Gym at FMX High School requires a fee, then there needs to be an estimate sent to the requester that tells them how much this will cost.
Requires invoicing: This is a “yes” (or leave blank if no) response. If a cost estimate is created and sent to the requester, then an invoice will be created where they will then pay the owed amount for this request.
Quantity: This is a “yes” (or leave blank if no) response, followed by a ALT + Enter Excel shortcut that adds another line to the cell containing the quantity amount (this only applies if the answer is ‘yes’).
Disable conflicts: This is a “yes” (or leave blank if no) response. Does someone (a specific User Type) have access to go into this request and disable any scheduling conflicts that might have arisen?
Permitted user types: Use ALT + Enter again to create separate lines within the cell. Which User Types will have access to specific schedulable resources/locations? This will vary based on each resource/location.
Approval Order Standard: This is where you would create the approval order hierarchy by user type, using Alt+Enter to separate each line of approval.
Transportation Request Settings
Pickup location: If the resource/location is a pickup location for Transportation Requests, mark 'yes'; otherwise, leave this blank.
5. Once you have completed filling out the import template, save the document to your device.
6. Navigate back to the Bulk Import page in FMX.
7. Title the name of your import in the Title section.
8. Next, click on the paperclip icon in the Template section to upload your completed import file
9. Once your bulk import is titled and the file is uploaded, hit the Save button to complete your import.
10. If there are any errors on the import, such as typos or mismatched records, FMX will steer you in the right direction by pinpointing the column, row, and cell of the error.
Click here to read more about bulk import errors and how to fix them.
11. Once you have corrected the errors on your template and re-saved the file, repeat steps 7-8.
12. When your import has been completed, a green banner message will appear at the top of your screen that reads "Success! (Your template name) has been imported with (x of records) records".