Equipment items are fixed assets in which a customer will want to track a maintenance history. This can be anything from a vehicle, washer/dryer, fork lifts, lawn mowers, etc. Equipment can often be mistaken with inventory; however, inventory is not considered an asset, but rather a disposable resource.
*The ability to bulk import data is set up at the user type level by each module.
1. Navigate to Bulk Imports tab on the left-hand side of your page:
2. Click on the Import button at the top right of the page:
3. Select Equipment Import:
Tag*: This is referring to the name of the piece of Equipment.
e.g. Walk in freezer, Lawn mower, Oven
Type*: This is referring to what equipment type each specific piece of equipment should be assigned to.
Tag*: Oven A
*Note: Equipment Types must be created PRIOR to importing this data
Building*: This is referring to WHERE this piece of equipment should belong.
Tag*: Oven A
*Note: Equipment cannot be properly imported unless you have created the accurate types as well as imported the accurate buildings prior to importing
Location: This is not a required field in this template; however, it does not hurt to include locations if there is quite a bit of equipment to enter. Locations are created prior to importing most data, because some templates have Locations as a required field.
Tag*: Oven A
Inventory items, Manufacturer, Installed date, Website, Comments: These are not required fields; however, depending on the customer, some of this information may be necessary for them to record for each of their equipment items.
Downtime calculation start date: Downtime can be tracked by individual equipment items. This feature must be enabled by an Admin from the Admin Settings.
Custom fields: You might see “Model number” or “Serial number”; it just all depends on your needs and preferences. These can be added to your site under Admin Settings.
5. Once you have completed filling out the import template, save the document to your computer.
6. Navigate back to the import page of your FMX site.
7. Title the name of your import in the Title section.
8. Click on the paperclip icon in the Template section to upload your import template. This will bring you to your saved documents where you find and attach your template.
9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Save.
10. If you receive any errors, correct your import template so the information matches exactly to the data in your site (If a building is in your site as "High School" and you populated this field in your import template with "HS", you will need to correct this field to say "High School" so it matches the building name exactly to what is in your site). Click here to read more about bulk import errors and how to fix them.
11. Once you have corrected the errors on your template and hit save, repeat steps 7-9.
12. When your import has been completed, a green message will appear at the top of your screen that reads "Success! (Your template name) has been imported with (# of records) records".
For more on Bulk Import Templates, click the links below!