Buildings are one of the most crucial pieces of information that you need to have in order to begin using FMX. In FMX, buildings are the physical structures that can be found on or around your organization's property or campus (i.e. the schools that make up a district, the regional plants for a large manufacturer, or the residential and recreational buildings that make up an apartment complex, etc.)
To bulk import buildings into your FMX site, follow the steps below:
*The ability to bulk import data is configured at the user type level by each module. This must be set up by a site administrator.
1. Navigate to Bulk Imports tab on the left-hand side of your page:
2. Click on the New Import button at the top right of the page:
3. Select Building Import:
4. Populate the template with the necessary information. Columns that contain an asterisk (*) are required.
Name*: This is the name of the building (e.g. North High School, Florida Office, San Francisco Plant), etc.).
Address, Phone, Entrances, Additional comments, Area (sq ft), Emergency info, Year Built, etc.: These are all optional areas where you can add details about each building; however, they are not a requirement when creating a building.
Custom fields: Custom fields are always an option if you need to add any other required/non-required details. These fields must be added by a site administrator.
If your organization does not use the Schedule Request, Work Request (maintenance requests and all custom modules), or Transportation modules, read below please disregard the next sections and skip to step 5.
Schedule Request Settings
Approval Order Standard: This is where you would create the approval order hierarchy by user type, using Alt+Enter to separate each line of approval.
Work Request Settings
Requires Finalization: If a work request will require a finalization step by a supervisor or manager for this building, mark as 'yes'; otherwise, leave this blank.
Email Footer: Add a customized email footer for work request notifications for this building.
Transportation Request Settings
Approval Order: This is where you would create the approval order hierarchy by user type, using Alt+Enter to separate each line of approval.
5. Once you have completed filling out the import template, save the document to your device.
6. Navigate back to the Bulk Import page in FMX.
7. Title the name of your import in the Title section.
8. Next, click on the paperclip icon in the Template section to upload your completed import file
9. Once your bulk import is titled and the file is uploaded, hit the Save button to complete your import.
10. If there are any errors on the import, such as typos or mismatched records, FMX will steer you in the right direction by pinpointing the column, row, and cell of the error.
Click here to read more about bulk import errors and how to fix them.
11. Once you have corrected the errors on your template and re-saved the file, repeat steps 7-8.
12. When your import has been completed, a green banner message will appear at the top of your screen that reads "Success! (Your template name) has been imported with (x of records) records".