A work order is an authorization of maintenance, repair or operations work to be completed. Work orders can be manually generated through a work request submitted by a staff member, vendor, tenant, or automatically generated through a work order management software, such as FMX!
What is the purpose of creating a work order using a CMMS such as FMX?
- Offers facility managers and employees better insight and explanation of the problem, repair and/or installation of an asset.
- Allows CMMS users to schedule resources and tools that are needed for maintenance tasks.
- Provides technicians with detailed instructions on the work to be performed.
- Enables technicians to document their labor, materials and resources used to complete the work they have done.
- Tracks all maintenance and repair work that has been performed on each asset over time, providing site admins a thorough and comprehensive log of each task performed.