With the Bulk Edit tool, we can update the name, building, resource type, operating hours, if the location is schedulable, requires approval, invoicing or estimating, permitted user types and resource level approval orders.
To Bulk Edit Resources within your FMX site, follow the steps below.
To enable this tool please navigate to Admin Settings > User Types > Edit (whichever user types needs this tool) > Buildings & Resources Access > Bulk Update
- Navigate to Resources & Locations:
2. Filter the Resources down to show the items you want to bulk edit:
2. Select Resources with the checkboxes on the left-hand side, you can choose to select all of the Buildings by checking the topmost box:
3. Click the "Edit" icon in the top right corner:
4. Download the "Resource Edit" template:
5. Make the necessary updates to the file:
6. Reupload the updated file in the "Template" field:
7. Check the box off that acknowledges that "this action can't easily be undone", then click "Save" and wait a moment for the inventory to update. Finally, you can refresh the page and see your updated Resources!
If you are updating Resource Types or Schedule Rates please ensure the categories are updated/added in the Admin Settings prior to exporting the bulk edit template.
To update/add Resource Types please navigate to Admin Settings > Resource Settings > Resource Types
To update/add Schedule Rates please navigate to Admin Settings > Schedule Request Settings > Scheduling Rates Types
To update/add Scheduling rates in the excel template:
Scroll over on the template to the columns “Scheduling Rates”
Each rate type will be two columns (the cost and the unit: per hour or per event)
Please enter the cost and unit select from the dropdown of either per event or per hour
This is done per resource repeat per scheduling rate type
You can also watch this video here for a more in-depth tutorial!