Due to scheduling conflict detection, it is recommended that holidays and blackout dates be entered prior to reoccurring events.
To create a blackout date or holiday follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Create a request type titled "Building Closed" in the Schedule Request Module.
2. We recommend adding only administrative staff and managers to restrict building closures to supervisors.
3. After the request type has been created, access the calendar or Schedule Request tab to create a new Schedule Request.
4. Select the All-Day checkbox.
5. Select the building to be closed, and be sure to select all resources/locations in the building. This will ensure no resources in a particular building are able to be scheduled during building closure. Repeat this step as necessary for each building closed on a given date.