To allow your site's scheduling conflict detection to detect holiday and building closures, we recommend adding these dates prior to scheduling recurring events.
To create a blackout date or a holiday closure, follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Create a request type titled "Building Closed" in your site's Admin Settings. Navigate to Admin Settings > Request Types > Add Request Type
2. We recommend adding only administrative staff and managers to the list of allowed user types to restrict building closures to supervisors.
3. After creating the request type, access the calendar or Schedule Request tab to create a new Schedule Request.
4. Depending on how many resources/buildings your organization has multiple requests may need to be created. You can use the Copy function to avoid entering in information more than once.
5. Please select the building to be closed and be sure to select all resources/locations in the building. This will ensure no resources in a particular building can be scheduled during the building's closure.
6. Select the "All day" checkbox.
7. If you wish to block off date for the whole year or for multiple closings, please select "custom" under Repeats. This will allow for you to select all of the dates that need to be blocked off.
8. Select the building to be closed and be sure to select all resources/locations in the building. This will ensure no resources in a particular building can be scheduled during the building's closure. Repeat this step as necessary for each building closure.
9. Click Submit.
While creating the request, if you do not see the option to "Select All" resources or cannot select multiple Buildings please follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to Admin Settings > User Types > Edit (your user type or the necessary user type)
2. Schedule Request Access > Can auto-select all resources or Can set multiple buildings