To allow your site's scheduling conflict detection to detect holiday and building closures, we recommend adding these dates prior to scheduling recurring events.
To create a blackout date or a holiday closure, follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Create a request type titled "Building Closed" in your site's Admin Settings.
2. We recommend adding only administrative staff and managers to the list of allowed user types to restrict building closures to supervisors.
3. After creating the request type, access the calendar or Schedule Request tab to create a new Schedule Request.
4. Select the "All day" checkbox.
5. Select the building to be closed and be sure to select all resources/locations in the building. This will ensure no resources in a particular building can be scheduled during the building's closure. Repeat this step as necessary for each building closure.
6. Click Save.