Follow the steps below to estimate, invoice and apply a payment to a schedule request in FMX.
Estimate a Schedule Request
1. Find the schedule request you wish to estimate (on the calendar or in the schedule requests grid), then click Estimate.
2. You can then enter multiple line item descriptions, their quantity, and their rate. These will then populate automatically in the line total. Additionally, there is an "other amount" and description text area of what the estimate includes.
3. Click Estimate to send your estimate. This will generate an email notification to the requesting user asking them to confirm the estimate.
4. Click Estimate & Email to send your estimate to a separate email from the requester. This will allow you to edit and add email addresses in the "To," "CC," and "BCC" lines, including the subject and body of the email itself. To make changes, click in the box you'd like to edit.
5. If the requesting user accepts the estimate, they will receive an automatic invoice for the full amount, when sent by the Administrator. You will also receive a confirmation email. If the requesting user declines the estimate, the request will be canceled.
Invoice a Schedule Request
1. Find the schedule request you wish to invoice (on the calendar or in the schedule requests grid view), then click Invoice. (Please note that the invoice action only appears once a request has been estimated and the estimate has been accepted by the requesting user.)
2. Enter the remaining invoice amount along with a description of what the final invoice includes.
3. Click Invoice or Invoice & Email to send your invoice. This will generate an email notification to the requesting user or emails you have added asking them to submit payment for the final invoice.
To resend an invoice, click on the envelope icon and then click "Resend the invoice".
Apply a Payment to a Schedule Request
1. Find the schedule request you wish to apply the payment to (on the calendar or in the schedule requests grid view), then click Apply Payment. (Please note that the Add payment action only appears once a request has been invoiced.)
2. Enter the payment amount, or click the checkbox for “Remaining balance amount”, and click Add Payment.
3. To apply additional payments, repeat steps 1 and 2. Once a request is paid in full it will be flagged as finalized and payments can no longer be added.
Need a Visualization? Visit Our Schedule Request Estimating & Invoicing Flow Chart.
For more information on invoicing, click here!