Equipment items are the fixed assets that are used in the day-to-day operations of your organization. FMX keeps logs on each equipment item to help track maintenance or usage history and costs. Using the Bulk Updating tool, we change the location, assigned user, or any other associated fields of up to 100 equipment items at a time.
To Bulk Update equipment within your FMX site, follow the steps below.
Note: The Bulk Update setting must be enabled by User Type within the Equipment Access settings:
- Navigate to Equipment:
- Filter to include the equipment you want to update:
- Select equipment items with the checkboxes on the left-hand side, you can choose to select all of the filtered equipment by checking the topmost box:
- Click the "Edit" icon in the top right corner:
- Download the "Equipment Edit" template:
- Make the necessary updates to the file:
- Reupload the updated file in the "Template" field:
- Check the box off that acknowledges that "this action can't easily be undone", then click "Save" and wait a moment for the equipment to update. Finally, you can refresh the page and see your updated equipment!