Follow these directions to bulk import data into your FMX site:
The ability to bulk import data is set up at the user type level by each module.
1. Navigate to Bulk Imports tab on the left-hand side of your page.
2. Click on the Import button at the top right of the page.
3. Select which template you are looking to import (Buildings, Inventory, Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, Resources, Schedule Request, Technology Request, Transportation Request or Users).
4. Populate the template with the required information (Columns with a *) For more information on filling out these import templates, please click here.
5. Once you have completed filling out the import template, save the document to your computer.
6. Navigate back to the import page of your FMX site
7. Title the name of your import in the Title section.
8. Click on the paperclip icon in the Template section to upload your import template. This will bring you to your saved documents where you find and attach your template.
9. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Save.
10. If you receive any errors, correct your import template so the information matches exactly to the data in your site (If a building is in your site as "High School" and you populated this field in your import template with "HS", you will need to correct this field to say "High School" so it matches the building name exactly to what is in your site). Click here to read more about bulk import errors and how to fix them.
10. Once you have corrected the errors on your template and hit save, repeat steps 7-9.
11. When your import has been completed, a green message will appear at the top of your screen that reads "Success! (Your template name) has been imported with (# of records) records".
For a more in-depth look at how to bulk import, watch this short tutorial video!
For more on Bulk Import Templates, click the links below!